by John M. Arnaud
National Small Business Week starts next week (May 4–8), and Parts Pro wants to make sure our local retailers get all the credit they deserve.
Since the early 60s, Small Business Week has recognized this nation’s independent businesses, which generate two out of every three new jobs in this country and help to power our economy from coast to coast. Beyond the numbers, however, small businesses represent a core American truth: the prosperity available to those willing to follow their passions through hard work and determination.
Though Small Business Week is a time to soak in the kudos, it’s also a terrific opportunity to engage your customers and promote your business throughout your local area. Here are some ways you can do just that:
- Participate in any activities sponsored by your local Chamber of Commerce.
- Talk up Small Business Week and the importance of supporting local businesses with your customers via social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Extend special discounts or promotions to your customers to thank them for their support.
- Announce and host an open house in your store to celebrate the occasion. (Email is a great way to communicate a last-minute event!)
- Partner with a local performance or automotive club to share your expertise on a particular subject or host a workshop. For example, you might demonstrate how to perform an installation or talk about exciting new products.
Parts Pro would like to congratulate all of our entrepreneurs who have demonstrated the courage, grit, and determination required to pursue their dreams and help us grow the industry we all love.
Performance junkies: Head in to your local automotive accessories retailer next week to share your support and appreciation. Or find one using our dealer locator.
Performance retailers: If you would like to become part of the nationwide Parts Pro network, please join us today!
Though this is not a paid review, this content has been produced by The AAM Group™ in support of manufacturers with whom it has a business relationship.