Extruded Core Technology from Flex-A-Lite is the future of performance aluminum radiators, replacing multi-core radiators with a new, advanced design. Extruded Core Radiators provide significantly better cooling with a stronger, more durable, and lighter design. This direct-fit radiator is engineered to bolt on—no cutting or drilling required. The radiator mounts using the factory location and equipment and includes a 22–24 lb cap and drain petcock.
- For 1964-1967 Chevelle and other GM A-Bodies
- Increased contact area between coolant and aluminum tubes for better heat rejection
- Flat surface on which to braze the cooling fins maximizes contact between the tubes and fins for better cooling
- Louver patterns in the cooling fins direct airflow for better performance
- Wind-tunnel testing has shown significant cooling efficiency over standard tube radiators
- Enhanced strength (100 PSI burst rating)
- Corner subhead reinforces the cooling tube to header connection (an area prone to cracking and leaking in aluminum radiators)
- Warranty: 2-year transferable
Though this is not a paid review, this content has been produced by The AAM Group in support of manufacturers with whom it has a business relationship.