Engineered to reduce vehicle weight by 10–15 pounds, this manual rack and pinion is Flaming River’s answer to customer demand! Designed for 2015–2020 Ford Mustang (S550), the FR1515MU15 rack and pinion achieves its weight advantage by eliminating hoses, pulleys, and pumps. In addition, the billet aluminum mounting brackets can be adjusted to modify the piston angle for large tube headers and engine swaps in custom applications. Bolts into the same mounting location as the OEM Power Rack.
Note: requires Flaming River 9/16” -26 U-joint for installation (FR1709DD).
- For 2015–2020 Ford Mustang (S550)
- 10–15 lb lighter than factory Mustang power system
- Bolts into same mounting locations as OEM Power Rack
- 51 1/2” overall length
- 30” pivot point
- 13” mounts center to center
- 1/2” diameter mounting holes
- 9/16” -26 spline pinion shaft
- 12.11” inner ends (M14x1.5 male – M16x1.5 male)
- Warranty: 1 year
Though this is not a paid review, this content has been produced by The AAM Group in support of manufacturers with whom it has a business relationship.