Providing ignition box performance without the box, the Ignitor III ignition module from PerTronix offers five times more spark energy than points systems for your Delco eight-cylinder application. The 71181 Ignitor III includes an integrated digital rev limiter with LED feedback for precise RPM setting. The Memory Safe function stores your setting—eliminating unintended changes to the rev limit—while the Adaptive Dwell control maintains peak energy throughout the RPM range, reducing misfires and improving engine performance.
Note: Legal in all 50 states and Canada (CARB E.O. #D-57-22). Not compatible with CD or multispark boxes.
- For Delco 8-cylinder applications.
- Multiple sparks through the entire RPM range.
- Integrated digital rev limiter with LED feedback for precise RPM setting.
- Memory Safe function stores settings, eliminating unintended changes to the rev limit.
- Adaptive Dwell maintains peak energy throughout the RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
- Peak current level is reached just before spark for maximum energy without heat buildup, increasing coil performance and module reliability.
- Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for inherent electronic delay.
- Senses startup and increases energy for quicker and easier starting.
- Thermal-clad, surface-mount construction for superior reliability.
- Built-in reverse polarity and over-current protection shuts down the system to prevent component damage.
Though this is not a paid review, this content has been produced by The AAM Group™ in support of manufacturers with whom it has a business relationship.