The PerTronix Bundle003 ignition kit is designed to provide maximum ignition performance at an enthusiast-friendly price point. Kit includes a Chevy SB/BB billet plug-and-play Ignitor 3 (I3) distributor with black female cap, Flame-Thrower III chrome coil, and Flame-Thrower MAGx2 universal black spark plug wires with 90-degree plug boot ends.
PerTronix’s I3 billet distributors ship with all-new Ignitor III multi-spark rev-limiting modules, which replace outdated points, electronic distributors, and bulky HEIs. Just install the distributor, connect two wires, and turn the crank! The I3 provides multiple sparks throughout the RPM range, with LED feedback, memory safe function, adaptive dwell for peak energy maintenance and reduced misfires, auto-adjusting spark timing at high RPMs, and reverse polarity and over-current protection.
Coming in at 45,000 volts, PerTronix Flame-Thrower III coils boast an extra-low resistance, with a high-turns ratio and ultra-low primary resistance; together, these properties let the ignition system charge faster at high RPMs. Drivers will also enjoy a rapid charge time and full 50-state and Canadian legality (CARB E.O. #D-57-21).
Finally, PerTronix Flame-Thrower MAGx2 wires feature factory-terminated ends for a superior connection and a perfect fit—no cutting, crimping, or splicing required—two current paths for redundancy-enhanced reliability; a temperature-, moisture-, oil-, and chemical-resistant 8mm silicone jacket; and reinforced fiberglass braid.
Ignitor 3 Distributor Features
- Plug-and-play billet distributors designed for maximum ignition performance at an affordable price.
- Ignitor III multi-spark rev-limiting modules.
- Precision CNC-machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum housings are light yet strong.
- Hand polished and buffed to a high luster.
- Tempered distributor shaft has low torsion displacement for accurate timing and extended operational life.
- Adjustable mechanical advance with proprietary limiting function permits multiple settings.
- Factory set with a performance advance curve, with additional springs for custom advance.
Flame-Thrower III Coil Features
- 45,000 volts.
- Ultra-low 0.32 primary resistance.
- Compatible with Ignitor II and III systems as well as most capacitive discharge systems.
- Charges to peak current 30–70% faster than other coils.
- Rapid charge time means maximum spark energy is sustained to higher engine RPM.
Flame-Thrower MAGx2 Wire Features
- 90-degree plug boot ends.
- Two current paths for reliability and redundancy: primary spiral-wound stainless steel alloy and secondary carbon-impregnated fiberglass center core.
- Low 500 ohm-per-foot resistance.
- 8mm silicone jacket resists high temperatures, moisture, oil, and chemicals.
- EPDM (ethylene propylene diene methylene) inner insulation for superior heat resistance and prevention of arcing and voltage leaks.
- Fiberglass-reinforced braid for added strength and flexibility.
Though this is not a paid review, this content has been produced by The AAM Group™ in support of manufacturers with whom it has a business relationship.