Available in a variety of housings and colors, including powder-coated cast aluminum, polished billet, and anodized billet, the Vertex Z6 CD ignition box from Taylor Cable Products is a study in performance, looks, and reliability. Its rotary dial rev limiter is adjustable in 100-rpm increments (2,000–9,900 rpm), and it boasts a sealed cover to keep out water and debris. Current-overload protection automatically shuts off the box if a problem is detected with the coil, circumstances that can cause lesser boxes to overheat and die.
The Taylor Vertex Z6 CD ignition box will multi-spark up to 3,000 rpm for easier starting and a smoother idle, while the sealed wiring connector makes installation easy. The box comes with a complete hardware kit and harnesses to fit most applications.
- Works with 4-, 6-, and 8-cylinder engines
- Maximum operating rpm: 9,900
- Current-overload shutdown protects the ignition from coil failure.
- Reverse polarity protection
- LED indicator flashes for system errors
- Includes all hardware and a Taylor-manufactured wire harness with a sealed locking connector
- Size: 8” x 4” x 2“
- Volt operation: 10–14.5
- Spark energy: 150 mJ
- Current draw: 0.75 amps/1,000 rpm
- Output voltage: 550 primary/47,000 secondary
- Available materials: cast aluminum, polished billet aluminum, and anodized aluminum
- Available colors: red, polished, and black
- Made in the USA
- Warranty: 1 year
Though this is not a paid review, this content has been produced by The AAM Group™ in support of manufacturers with whom it has a business relationship.