Coming in at only 19.2 oz., the 500-amp Big Switch 500 battery disconnect safety switch from Flaming River handles surges of 2,500 amps for up to 5 seconds and can be installed on 12/16 and 24V charging systems.
Flaming River designed the FR1048 with a high-impact, glass-filled, molded-nylon body to resist extreme vibration; an IP65-rated housing to resist water; silver-plated studs; easy-grip T-handle for efficient operation; and corrosion-resistant, black-anodized aluminum bracket.
Accepted by most race-sanctioning bodies (including IHRA and NHRA).
- Continuous-service switch handles surges of 2,500 amps for up to 5 seconds.
- Can be installed on 12/16 and 24-volt charging systems.
- Weighs only 19.2 oz—15% lighter than previous products.
- High-impact, glass-filled nylon body to absorb vibration.
- IP65 housing resists water.
- Easy-grip T-handle, corrosion-resistant bracket, and silver-plated studs.
- Warranty: 1 year.
Though this is not a paid review, this content has been produced by The AAM Group™ in support of manufacturers with whom it has a business relationship.