Reduced bump steer is the calling card of this power rack and pinion cradle kit from Flaming River, thanks to a unique TravelBar system that connects new tubular inner tie-rod ends to original pivot points. Aficionados of 1968–1972 Chevy Chevelle and El Camino will want to jump on this upgrade, as will owners of sister GM intermediates of the same period such as Pontiac GTO/Lemans, Oldsmobile 4-4-2/Cutlass, Buick GS/Skylark, and the GMC Conquistador.
Flaming River designed the FR313KTK rack and pinion cradle kit to install in the stock steering system mounting holes—no drilling, cutting, or welding required. This precision jig-welded setup comes with lifetime serviceability, a paintable tilt key column, Billet-Joint and column adapter, stronger 1” rack gear, wiring connector, mounting hardware, and more.
- For Chevrolet Chevelle/El Camino and other sister GM intermediates with SBC or BBC engines
- All-new power rack and pinion with lifetime serviceability
- Billet-Joint and column adapter
- Stronger 1” rack gear
- 6” travel and full turning radius
- Paintable tilt key column
- Mounting hardware, wiring connector, and universal joints
- Power steering pump and pulley
- Aluminum mounting reservoir (hoses sold separately)
- Billet swivel floor mount
- Bolts into existing chassis with no suspension modification
Though this is not a paid review, this content has been produced by The AAM Group in support of manufacturers with whom it has a business relationship.