Offering universal electric power-assisted steering, the FR40200 Microsteer kit from Flaming River easily fits virtually any vehicle—without the need to change the steering rack or fit a hydraulic system in place of the existing manual system.
The unique Microsteer tuning box lets you adjust steering assistance by using a rotary potentiometer, or you can make the system speed-sensitive by connecting a wheel speed signal to the tuning box, which includes a mode-selection switch for toggling between the two.
Includes motor/gearbox (MGU), electronic control unit (ECU), tuning box, and wiring harness.
- Universal electric power steering conversion
- Eliminates the need to change the steering rack or fit a hydraulic system.
- Two adjustment methods: manual rotary dial and wheel speed signal
- Hall Effect–type sensor recommended (and sold separately).
- 11/16”-36 input/output shafts
Though this is not a paid review, this content has been produced by The AAM Group in support of manufacturers with whom it has a business relationship.